Dave got quite ill Saturday, waking up early in the morning, needing both a bucket and the loo. After a few bouts of that, our water supply ran out, so we had to wake up Andy in the other villa to get the keys to the kitchen. By then the sun was starting to rise. We will now remember to fill up our water bottles each night and keep enough water in the basin for any situation.
He had a low-grade fever but the main worry was dehydration. WTND (“Where There is No Doctor” recommended ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution). WTND is really great- a normal person’s guide to illnesses and such. Dave was on and off throughout the day, not eating much, and trying to sleep. David’s parents called in the morning on our mobile phone and we spoke to them for 15min or so. I did the sampling with Andy but otherwise we did not do much.
Later I walked down to the village to buy some sprite("Spreet") for Dave. I met lots of people on the way and practiced her Indonesian on them. One guy was concerned because a couple of our neighbor's dogs were following me but they were friendly (they spend many afternoons at our place licking the puddles). Dave and I had dinner early and went back to the villa to watch a movie on the laptop. It was not the movie on the cover, but the bad acting and silly dialogue kept us amused. My mum rang our landline after dinner and I spoke to her for a couple of minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment