Thursday, September 25, 2008

Permanent Residency

Today I (Heather) went into Perth and got the sticker that shows I am now a Permanent Resident. Then the Immigration Officer spilled her coffee on my passport.


After that I wandered up to the Citizenship office to discuss my case with an officer. He said that I will be eligible to apply for Citizenship after February 2010, if I don't do any more travelling. Travelling outside of the country would extend the time I have to wait to apply. The US turns a blind eye to dual citizenship, their policy is not to promote it but they do not prevent it.


This afternoon I have a second Doctor's appointment to determine what it is that I am sick with. It has the 'classic' malaria symptoms (though the doc doesn't think malaria is a problem in Indonesia...) with a sore throat and chesty cough thrown in. He was leaning towards Dengue fever (though I have no rash and no other symptom), I am hoping for the flu.


When I visited the doc on Tuesday I had my blood drawn- the nurse (or whatever her title may be) couldn't get it out of the first arm- poke, poke, poke- so she drew blood from my other arm. It probably didn't help that I was having chills and coughs and just generally miserable!





Here's a picture of a cow patty on the beach near where Dave is, in Indonesia. Someone decorated it with flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment