Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

Dave and I celebrated Thanksgiving with the 17-30 Bible Study (the study for people aged 17-30). Everyone brought something, and we did some readings and sharing in-between parts of the meal. Some friends opened up their home for us, and very kindly let us use their new, spacious outdoor setting. Thanks!

The recipe for pecan pie came from my Dad's "Joy of Cooking" cookbook. He gave it to me before I moved to Australia- it has been worth the weight of bringing it over!

I also made pumpkin pies. We had cole slaw, corn on the cob, bread rolls, stuffing, turkey roasts, and even more stuff I can't remember.


I haven't cooked a whole turkey before, and I wasn't about to try! The turkey roasts turned out beautifully.




Here's the twelve of us (minus me, as I was trying to get the photo) enjoying the dinner.

1 comment:

  1. hey i used to have a blog and really enjoyed writing but i eventually gave it up, its great for keeping everyone updated that are all over the world, nice pics too...:)
    leanna

    ReplyDelete