Saturday, August 28, 2010

18 Weeks

So, we've reached 18 weeks- the beginning of the 5 month mark- but are two weeks short of halfway through the pregnancy. The whole month/week thing is rather confusing. At 18 weeks...
 
  • baby measures approximately 12.5-14cm (5-5.6 inches) in length and weighs about 150 grams (5.25 ounces)
  • baby can hear is my heartbeat and the flow of my digestive system
  • baby can now make facial expressions, including frowning and squinting
 
I'm not sure if I've felt the baby move yet, I have had some flutters but they were followed by tummy gurgles... so probably not baby.
 
A conversation from the classroom on a weary Friday...

Two students are being silly and increasingly disruptive during a cooking lesson...
Me- "If you keep that up, I will ask you to leave the table."
Student 1 (a few minutes later)- "He's keeping it up!"
Student 2- "No, HE's keeping it up!"
Third Student- "What is 'keeping it up'? followed by a tableful of blank looks at me.
What odd phrases am I teaching these kids?
 

It reminds me of the first few weeks of school when I was teaching my class to sit on the mat without squishing each other. Soon the catchphrase for anything on the playground was "He's squishing me!" or "She's squishing me!"

 

Quite a few of the parents have figured out I am pregnant. At least one student has her suspicions, and keeps asking me if I have kids yet, and how exciting it will be when I do. I could bring it for my news! None have commented on my increasing belly size yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment