Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Rocking Chair, by committee

Rock it, baby!

Rocking chair: from Mom
Assembled by: David
Fabric for Cushions: from Helen, who taught next door to me
Foam for cushions: from Evelyn, David's mum
Ribbons for cushions: from assorted gifts and projects over the years
Cushions: made by me

I never realized how hard it is to find a traditional rocking chair! We went to most of the chain furniture stores and a few of the smaller ones and couldn't find any- the shopkeepers told us that they just weren't that popular anymore. This one was from a big furniture/electronics chain store- it is considered outdoor furniture- but is wider and deeper and sturdier than all the secondhand ones we were considering. And, it came in a box (much better for transport it to Exmouth).

I hope to pick up some ribbon soon so I can make all the ribbons on the cushions match.

No comments:

Post a Comment