Sunday, February 14, 2010

Heather Hiding

Abundant blessings!

I started teaching pre-primary full-time three weeks ago. I have a class of 19 children from 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 years old, about twice as many boys as girls. The days are flying by, and the weeks are so quick- each day finishes before I am ready! Of course they have their 'off' days- they are only little and are worn out by Friday. But they are a lovely bunch, and the parents are great, too. I meant to take pictures of the classroom but I haven't been coordinated enough yet.

At the same time, our house arrived and we started moving in two weeks ago. So we've been moving house, unpacking things that have been in boxes since our engagement. It feels like Christmas! Pictures will be posted soon.

Also, my Mom will be coming to Australia for six weeks, from the end of March to the first week of May. I'm looking forward to my time with her!

I haven't worked full time since before I was married, 3 1/2 years ago. So this is the first time in our married life both Dave and I have worked full-time. However, his days are still long (being the manager) and mine are long (being a teacher) so it works out well. Dave's a sweetie and cooks three days a week, and I cook three, and we go out on Thursdays.

He also washed the dishes in floor cleaner, but in his defense, it did resemble the dish detergent bottle.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I can see Dave saying 'what's the difference, floor cleaner does the job'. Glad you're enjoying yourself. Blog more, blog more!! Oh and photos!!!

    ReplyDelete