Sunday, November 21, 2010

Zebras in trees, and babies with brains

We have a lively flock of zebra finches around the house. They are tiny- the length of the palm of my hand- but super-quick and very curious! They enjoyed sitting on top of the bird netting over the veggies and watching us watch them.


The male zebra finch has orange cheeks.


This weeks random conversation with the class involved them overhearing me use the phrase 'baby brain." One of the girls said that "Baby doesn't have a brain yet." And I said, "It does, its just like a real baby, only littler." So they wanted to know how big the baby was, and I showed them with my hands. Then they wanted to know what baby did all day, and I said it mostly slept. I asked them what they thought the baby did when it wasn't asleep, and the suggestions included looking at my ribs, heart, and guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment