I can't believe Asher is one year old! He's only just had his birthday party so this post is a few weeks later than his actual birthday. But the time has flown by. I think we've all learned a lot this year, and I think I've mellowed quite a bit as I realized I can't fix everything and I can't make him fit into the "should be" mold. He does things in his own time, and in his own way!At one year old Asher...
- says "bir" (bird), "bah" (ball), ma-ma, da-da, ssda (what's that), shii (which seems to be 'what's that' as well), "nien" (no), dah (dog), and cah (cat)
- isn't walking, but enjoys scooting around on his bottom
- feeds himself with a spoon, somewhat successfully
- mainly breastfeeds still, and eats some solids
- loves wheels and things with wheels
- has a sense of humor and loves surprising people
- continues to astound us with what he learns, does, and remembers
- loves swimming and going under water at the pool
- has flown on an airplane twelve times
- has dual citizenship with the US and Australia
- likes to play chasey and sometimes remembers to 'run away'
- is a bit harder to trick when hiding things we don't want him to have
- thinks his own sneezes are hilarious but is uncertain of others' sneezes
- isn't sleeping through the night, but this ties in with the whole eating solids thing
- enjoys dancing to music with Mom and Dad
- he likes being outside. Whenever he had a big sad moment we'd take him outside to help him calm down. Soon he'd cry out whenever he bumped himself and then point hopefully at the door.
- stays about half the night in his own room and the rest of the night in our room... and we like it that way. I don't think any of us are ready for him to be in his room full-time!
- Has 8 teeth, with some molars on the way
- Loves to chat
We are very blessed to have such a mellow, happy baby! Looking forward to what this new year brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment