Wednesday, March 23, 2011

8 week vaccinations

Dave's in Queensland, he had to fly out with an ear infection and the beginnings of a cold. Today I had to take Asher to get vaccinated. There is a student in school here who is allergic (and severely anaphylactic) to a heap of foods- eggs fish, shellfish, dairy, nuts- and the parents (I've heard) blame it on vaccines. And some celebrity child has autism because of vaccines. So I looked into it- alternative schedules and all that. This article helped-
The Problem with Dr Bob's Alternative Vaccination Schedule

The risks associated with vaccines are small, and I wonder if the babies who had bad reactions were predisposed in some way?

Anyway, all by myself, I took Asher to get his shots. He cried for all of 5 minutes, I had a few tears- Asher kept looking in my face and crying and I couldn't make it better. He's been unsettled and clingy all afternoon, only sleeping in my arms. Poor thing.

On a random note, here's a photo of Asher dressed as a dinosaur!

No comments:

Post a Comment