
It has been ages since I made a cookie bouquet. I had given up on making the right consistency royal icing (that didn't use raw egg white) for the cookies with unfamiliar Australian ingredients. But, I found a recipe I could use... from www.sweetopia.net
Ingredients:
6 oz (3/4 cup) of warm water
5 Tablespoons Meringue Powder
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 kilogram (2.25 lbs.) powdered icing sugar
*** Note; if your meringue powder has no vanilla flavour (vanillin powder) in it, add a teaspoon of clear vanilla to this recipe.
Directions:
- In mixer bowl, pour in the warm water and the meringue powder. Mix it with a whisk by hand until it is frothy and thickened…about 30 seconds.
- Add the cream of tartar and mix for 30 seconds more.
- Pour in all the icing sugar at once and place the bowl on the mixer.
- Using the paddle attachment on the LOWEST speed, mix slowly for a full 10 minutes. Icing will get thick and creamy.
- Cover the bowl with a dampened tea-towel to prevent crusting and drying.
- Tint with food colourings or thin the icing with small amounts of warm water to reach the desired consistency.
I used Pavlova Magic for the meringue powder- it was the closest I could get! And I halved the recipe, which was still too much. Aand... when I divided it up to color, I used liquid food colorings, because that is all that is readily available!
Here's my finished product! I made these for a friend's baby shower.Cookie Recipe
Ingredients
~3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
1 c. soft butter
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together into bowl. In separate large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat eggs, then vanilla and lemon into butter mix. Then mix in flour. Refrigerate until firm.
3. On floured surface, roll out dough to ¼ inch thick and cut with cookie cutters. Bake 8 minutes or until golden. Decorate with icing.
Icing: Mix sugar and vanilla. Add enough water to make a stiff icing, color. Decorate cookies.
No comments:
Post a Comment